Thursday 24 May 2007

Studio After a Coat of Paint

Finally! After a hard days work and a coat of paint the studio is ready for some furniture and accessories. One of the wall is a little bit darker since I didn't have enought light blue for the whole room. It took forever to cover that orange door that Paul painted. The slats made it hard to get to the little nooks and cranny. Nothing like a bit of perseverance to get the job done. ALRIGHT! I'm making it sound harder than it is. But painting does take a lot of patience. Anyways the curtains were there from before. Not sure if they will go with the rest of the room when the furniture goes in. Might have to paint over the gold on the ceiling fan??? The bookcase were unfinished wood that I painted. I know I said I was into woodgrain but they were just too big and it would've made the room feel small. I painted the outside of the bookcase the same color as the room to make it blend but then the inside a darker blue to give it depth. Anyways that's all for now. Stay tuned for more studio reno. Off to pick up wood for my work bench tomorrow and come up with a design!




2 comments:

sebene said...

gorgeous! i love the blue in the bookcase. can't wait to see it when it's all done...

scott said...

that blue colour looks so nice...makes the room look totally different. great job quocie!